Friday, February 20, 2009

Imitation is Not Always Flattery

It has been said that the imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. And I suppose in many cases it is; however, in the jewelry business I can't agree that it is. It breaks a code of ethics that we don't see someone else's jewelry we like and copy it with minor changes. I made a mistake and helped someone I trusted only to have this person copy my jewelry and sell it to people I know. It is a delicate situation, but one that I have chosen to move on from.

As a result of the copying of my Cane glass and Swarovski crystal designs, I have removed them and will begin designing something new. You will notice that they are not no longer on the website.

Please know that I would love to make specialty pieces for your wedding, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Let me know how I can serve you in the future.

No comments: